Sunday 15 February 2015

#015: Fashion Week: Day 3: Victoria Beckham: Review

Another day, another show to review. Today I've decided to review Victoria Beckham, why? because I believe she can do no wrong. Every season she grows and grows as a designer and a brand. I guess you could say I'm biased, but there is no denying Buckram's blossoming talents.

Along with the brand, Victoria's personal style has changed over recent years, and this season just shows that. From mini-skirts to long-skirts. Maybe she's maturing as a mother or would frankly like to keep her legs warm; and sleeveless sleeves to figure-tip length sleeves. I got strange vibe throughout the collection. It reminded me of the woods from the wooden paneling of the runway and the warmth of the palette. Unlike previous collections, this season its less clean-cut and structured and more relaxed and draped. (reminded me a little of Celine's spring/summer 2015 collection) For me personally, the collection didn't take off until the 10th look where the continuation of the wool stampede develops through layered skirts and curvaceous oversized coats. This season, it was more about layers and comfort where the wearer doesn't seem too restricted, but not in a literal sense of stock piling numerous amounts of clothing on top of one another, but in a way - overlapping fabrics that already exist from garments. What I love most about the collection is the coats. The coats are perfectly tailored in a way that look disproportionate yet mimics the shape of the shoulders that are the same width of the hips. The collection concluded with patchwork skirts and dresses of mismatched fabrics from velvets and satins all of which were truly beautiful!





















The two looks above are two of the many favourites I have for this collection. The first one to the left features a wool turtle neck, sleeveless sweater with a wrap-skirt in a monochromatic stripe, completing the look with a pair of patented leather boots. I love this look for many reasons, firstly the colours, or lack there of. Anyone who knows me knows black and white are my favourite "shade" combination. It's so elegant and timeless. Strangely enough, over the past season, I've been loving the turtle neck. As for the second look, I love the sweater. It's a continuation of the wool sweater from last season that featured a ribbon lace-up on it's side. I think it's extremely elegant and a sweater that I haven't seen before until now.

7 comments:


  1. Hello. I love your blog and I am following via GFC. Can you follow me back please? :D
    InstagramFacebook Oficial PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is amazing!!

    http://fashionwalkinbrussels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love VB every season, she makes designs clothes that just look chic but still so wearable.
    PS thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I'd love us to follow each other. Happy Blogging.

    ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.
    http://shoe-fiend.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's always had such a lovely, classic style!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm totally into turtlenecks lately, love this!!!
    Thanks for stopping by! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. the white outfit
    melodyjacob1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Once again, I thank you for reading my blog. Please feel free to share a thought on the post as I love other people's views on the selected topic. Also, I would appreciate if you took the extra 20 seconds to officially follow the blog; as a thank you, I will follow yours.

Make sure to check out my social media feeds:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/eamonncollinsdesigns
Instagram: https://instagram.com/eamonncollins/