Tuesday 26 August 2014

#008: Emmy Awards Red Carpet Review...

Last night, the 66th annual Primetime Emmy Awards look place in Los Angeles. There was more red on that carpet that it reminded me of the bloody elevator scene from The Shining. Over kill. Nevertheless, it was a star studded event that attracted the heavily nominated cast of 'Orange is the new Black' and 'Mad Men'. But who wore what and did it pay off?

Camila Alves
10/10
Let me start off on a high note. Camila Alves undoubtedly one of Hollywood's true and natural beauties. Married to Matthew McConaughey, who else? The Brazilian model wore this incredible Zuhair Murad Pre Spring/Summer 2015 gown teamed with a thin white belt with matching clutch. Clearly she looks like a like-life version of the Disney princess, Jasmine? Back to the fashion - she looks incredible. The silhouette of the dress skims her curvaceous body. If I were to nitpick I would have liked a younger neckline, as this particular shape can become very aging; luckily the cutouts throughout the dress keeps it look young. 

"It is likable - though not overly impressive. If I cut the end of it, it would look like a Kardashian casual outfit. 6/10"
- Deirbhile

Lena Dunham
7/10
Okay, Lena Dunham hasn't been my favorite red carpet star despite having worn a few of the world's biggest designer names including the likes of Prada. Dunham opted for a dramatic Giambattista Valli Haute Couture gown from his latest Autumn/Winter 2014 collection. On the runway, the skirt was shown with a blood-orange, luckily her stylist used, lets say a more forgiving coloured top. Unfortunately, the top was a little off putting. I would have much preferred if it was a different [less shinny] fabric without the sleeves. If I were her stylist, I would have put a small cage-like thing underneath the huge skirt to ensure it sat correctly on the red carpet instead of the hem sitting underneath the bottom half of the dress. It would be more forgiving if the hem was sitting in front of the dress rather than underneath it. The make-up a little clown-like which completely changes the entire mood of the look. A lighter shade of pink would have been fabulous against her ice-white hair. I'm liking her new 'do, very retro and really different from her character on 'Girls'.

"WELL. What words do I use? As a self titled fairy-princess you would think I would love this, you couldn't be anymore wrong. The awful styling of the skirt-top on her body is awful. Sack the stylist. Place this on the likes of Emma Stone with a white crop top and killer heels this could have been amazing. 0/10"
- Deirbhile

The Cast of 'Orange is the new Black', including; Uzo Aduba, Laura Prepon, Natasha Lyonne, Selenis Leyva, Taryn Manning, & Taylor Schilling

Uzo Aduba
8/10
Natasha Lyonne
8/10
Laura Prepon
6/10
Selenis Leyva
9/10
Taylor Schilling
9/10
Taryn Manning
8/10

Laverne Cox
9.5/10
I wasn't too sure what I was expecting from the cast of 'Orange is the new Black' to be honest. I'm still not sure. Some looked extraodinary as were others looks okay, yeah, okay! Although, one person I was extremely excited about seeing is Laverne Cox; the world's first transgender Emmy nominee. Cox wore this incredible custom Goddess-like Marc Bouwer gown. I must say, I wasn't expecting this. I was expecting something more figure hugging like most of the other dresses she's been wearing recently. The neckline complements her boost perfectly without looking reviling. The train hanging on her shoulders is a perfect touch which separates her from the rest of the cast of OITNB. Bravo! 

"This dress is a 'common girl' dress, unoriginal and quite boring. BUT, I must say it looks amazing on her body. The hair/makeup combo really sets this dress off. 8/10"
- Deirbhile

Michelle Dockery
8.5/10

Hmm, normally Michele Dockery looks outstanding in everything she drapes on her body, but like many others, I'm questioning her latest. Wearing a Rosie Assoulin gown from her Autumn/Winter 2014 collection, Michelle looks like a Grecian statue. Personally, I quite like this look. The colours are so bold and striking; not expected by Dockery. I would rather have the draping on the sides much higher, because from the angle on the photograph, it's very long and drippy. A night slit would make this look instantly younger. Both her hair and makeup is on par. 

"The origami inspiration with the crisp edges and the contrasting colours is the perfect combination. So simple but yet not too OTT. The plain styling works amazingly for this dress. YAY for this dress. 10/10"
- Deirbhile

A few more looks I loved from last night's Emmy Awards:

Julia Roberts
9/10
Hayden Penetierre
10/10
                           
Jessica Pare
9/10
Taissa Farmiga
10/10
Gwen Stefan
9/10
Heidi Klum
10/10

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous selection great job with the post. Following back by instagram also following by bloglovin welcome to follow me back there.
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for stopping back! Loving the lay-out.

    Follwing you back

    ReplyDelete

Once again, I thank you for reading my blog. Please feel free to share a thought on the post as I love other people's views on the selected topic. Also, I would appreciate if you took the extra 20 seconds to officially follow the blog; as a thank you, I will follow yours.

Make sure to check out my social media feeds:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/eamonncollinsdesigns
Instagram: https://instagram.com/eamonncollins/