Monday 25 August 2014

#007: VMA's Red Carpet Review...

Hm, that was quite an eventful show, Ladies and Gentleman, don't you agree?

The likes of Nicki Minaj & Katy Perry to Jennifer Lopez & Jessie J all strolled their way down the ever-so-famose MTV Video Music Awards red carpet. Some hit the mark while others fell short. There were a few common trends that stars decided to op for; Animal print, EXTREME high slits, oh, and a lot of boobies just to name a few. 

Balmain's Angels: Kim Kardashian, Joan Smalls, Jourdan Dunn & Chanel Iman...
Balmain's creative director, Oliver Rousteing dressed the likes of Kim Kardashian & Joan Smalls in the houses' latest Resort collection; while Chanel Iman and Jourdan Dunn wore Spring/Summer 2015.
Joan Smalls
8/10
Chanel Iman
9/10
Jourdan Smalls
7/10

Allow me to begin with the three Youncé girls, Chanel, Jourdan & Joan. Okay, think of an Asian Bond Girl; Tall, sexy, and incredibly seductive - I can't be the only one who thinks Iman meets all the requirements, right? Rapped in Balmain Spring/Summer rope, she looks incredible. As for Jourdan, another bombshell, looking incredible. Despite not being as curvy as Chanel or Joan, she looks stunning in this Balmain two piece. The only think that really distracted me is the hair, why oh why? It's so ageing...not liking it. At all. Joan is literally my woman. Miss Smalls looks ready to attend a festival, viewing from the sky. From the Resort images, and the red carpet, I still think the dress looks like a pterodactyl, no? just me...? The minimal make-up is so refreshing. Although, I personally would rather if her hair was scrapped back or a straight center-part behind her shoulders.

Kim Kardashian
9/10
'Mexican Rug' one of the many descriptive words that I read after Kim Kardashian hit the red carpet at the Video Music Awards in LA last night. To be completely honest, I'm not too sure why A LOT of people dislike this look. Yeah, her nipples could easily jump out and walk the red carpet judging by how deep that neckline is. It's not something every woman can wear, clearly. But it's editorial and high fashion. Oh, just let me cut to the chase, I loved this look despite what everyone else thinks...kay? 

"Kim definitely makes a statement in this outfit. I love the fact she has taken a summer approach to the winter cape trend - incorporation of the beading gets her a 10/10 from me. However, I wonder how she felt bumping into Joan Smalls wearing a similar dress from the same collection?"

- Deirbhile


The Zoo: Cynthia Watros, Charlie XCX, Michelle Williams & Nicki Minaj...
One of the more noticeable trends from last night's red carpet was animal print from Charlie's Moschino jumpsuit to Nicki Minaj's snakeskin mini dress.

Michelle Williams
8/10
Cynthia Watros
4/10
Charlie XCX
7/10

Cynthia Watros is 45 years old, yeah, not in her teens. I understand the VMA's is fun and quirky, etc etc, but that's no excuse. You're no Dallas from Suburgatory. I personally thought it was a bit inappropriate. Not only that, but those shoes, c'mon...they're so heavy and cut your legs to make them look shorter. Not impressed. Charlie XCX is becoming one of my favorite artists at the moment; "Bomb clap, the sound of my..." HEART when I saw Charlie wearing this crazy fun Moschino jumpsuit. I would rather her pair a much simpler clutch rather than the long clutch. Unlike Beyoncé and Kelly, you don't really see much of Michelle Williams. She always dressed so appropriately to the occasion and last night was no exception. I was floored at how beutiful she looked. 

Nicki Minaj
10/10
The Minajisty was just a dream in Saint Laurent. Watching the red carpet from my iPad, I seen a glittering ball from afar, until 'Nicki Minaj' flashed at the bottom of my screen. Recently Nicki has completely changed her game and transformed herself from a wacky China doll to the bell of the ball. This look from Nicki is by far her BEST. No joke. From the old Hollywood Grace Kelly hair to the minimalism of the eyes. She looked great. On pretty much most people, platformed heels are a no-no, but the nude complements both her skin tone and the tone of the over all look. 

"Obviously Miss Minaj's theme for the night was anaconda in prep for her performance in the ladder part of the night. This outfit, hair & makeup combo is a definite opposite from her usual attire - which is a good thing. Im not so keen on this style, but for Nicki she has done good. 7/10"
- Deirbhile


Jessie J
7/10
Jessie J, one of last night's incredible performers wore this, um, saggy vintage Halston creamy, yellowy, greeny toned dress. It took me a while to find a decent picture without the wind blowing. In theory, I understand this look. It's beautiful. It's clean. It's Jessie J, but I just can't phase the fact the draping from the waist looks as though she has sagging boobies and decided to put them in her pocket. I expected something more, you know? sexy...non of the less, her hair and make up looked great.

"Loves jesse j since her hair had grown, the colour is certainly her colour however I cant help but think of a hangy bag on her. The shape is so unflattering 7/10"

- Deirbhile




Taylor Swift
6/10
Shake it off, Taylor, Shake it off. This bodysuit is so, is so, so "ew", not flattering on your fall slinky frame. It's Mary Katrantzou for crying out loud. You could have had anything from her collection. You would have looked looked extraodinary in one of her Autumn/Winter 2014 dresses yet you decided to go with this unflattering, camels toeing alphabet bodysuit. It's a more performance look rather than a red carpet look. Despite the flat choice of a garment, both your hair and make-up looked great. Still in your comfort zone though.

"I'm currently having a love hate relationship with Taylor's outfit. Love the actual outfit. Hate that she wore it to an awards ceremony - its more of a clubbing outfit 7/10"

- Deirbhile




Some more great looks from last night...

Kesha
8/10 
Iggy Azalea
7/10 
Solange Knowles
8/10

Jennifer Lopez
9/10 

Chloe Moretz
9/10

Miley Cyrus
9/10


Some of last night's "Ew" moments...

Lucy Hale
4/10
Katie Stevens
5/10
Amber Rose
2/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Once again, I thank you for reading my blog. Please feel free to share a thought on the post as I love other people's views on the selected topic. Also, I would appreciate if you took the extra 20 seconds to officially follow the blog; as a thank you, I will follow yours.

Make sure to check out my social media feeds:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/eamonncollinsdesigns
Instagram: https://instagram.com/eamonncollins/