Saturday 19 July 2014

#006: Yeah, that girl from the robot movie...Who is she?

I guess having countless of magazines, among several other fashion publications flooding my Facebook News Feed everyday is that you come across blondies like Nicola Peltz. Not until recently I came across Peltz, when she appeared on Vogue's Facebook page wearing an incredibly minimalist white gown by Stella McCartney, who else of course!?

The stalker that I am, I had to research more into this Nicola Peltz, and find out exactly why I haven't seen her perfectly shaped face before. A little Wiki cut-and-paste, and here I am - Peltz is an American actress (I think we've already established that). 19 years of age, yes, 19. An entire 11 months older than me. Pitty I'm gay, right!? Her "breakthrough" role was playing Katara in the 2010 film, 'The Last Airbender'. She also played 6 more roles including her recent Transformer's role where she plays Tessa Yeager. We know I'm one to compare looks, but I couldn't help myself. I'm not too sure if this is such a good comparison in terms of people, but she looks like a mock-up between Kaley Cuoco & Tara Reid. Hm, yeah! 

I give this look 9/10 (Would have been 10 if only the seams were not that noticeable)


Anyways, back to the fashion. Peltz, some say "Wowed!" in this Prada floor length gown. I would have died, well, not exactly die, over this dress if only, they added an extra few inches onto the bottom of the dress so it sat comfortable on the ground, rather than up-and-down. The same length of the Stella gown would have been perfection. Saying that, the fabric used, maybe it wouldn't have sat the way I wanted it to. Gosh, I am hard to please, aren't I? I guess I'm too much of a perfectionist. The hair was such a drastic juxtaposition from the Berlin premiere; they've gone from a center part to a side part!!! :O Either way, she takes my breath away! 

I give this look 8/10 (poor fabric choice as well a wrong cut)

Yeah, she is definitely Stella's girl! While attending photocalls and press conferences, Peltz, yet again opted for more Stella McCartney. One being white and another black. Both, pretty sexy but appropriate. The image on the left, Pelts wore an incredibly modern mid-length cocktail dress with a sheer hem and a wave-like effect breaking the two panels. I love this look. It's so commercial, and clearly it's going to sell out once it hits the racks. But only a certain body-type can pull it off. She looks great. The shoes are also a perfect match. The hair is stunning, signally off a California beach girl vibe. The black dress to the right is another stunner. Taken from, what I can only assume McCartney's Autumn/Winter 2014 collection. Like the white dress, I adore this look APART from ONE tiny factor: THE SHOES! They look heavy and clumpy. The pumps were not a good idea in my opinion. Maybe an open toed pump. Other than that, perfection.

I give these two looks a combined 9/10 (yeah, the shoes)
______________________________________________

Oh, can we take a moment and appropriate Alexander McQueen's Autumn/Winter 2014 Advertising Campaign starring Edie Campbell & photographed by the haunting imagination of Steven Klein!

Eamonn Collins

4 comments:

  1. She is stunning great info about her.
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is gorgeous! Nice post!
    http://www.fabuloustorture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post! Thanks for sharing. Also, thanks for your sweet comment. Let me know if you want to follow each other to stay in touch.

    noradulce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Once again, I thank you for reading my blog. Please feel free to share a thought on the post as I love other people's views on the selected topic. Also, I would appreciate if you took the extra 20 seconds to officially follow the blog; as a thank you, I will follow yours.

Make sure to check out my social media feeds:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/eamonncollinsdesigns
Instagram: https://instagram.com/eamonncollins/