Monday 14 July 2014

#005: Awkward Moss...


Lottie, does that name sound familiar, how about Lottie Moss, got it? yeah, thought so! Well, Lottie Moss, Kate Moss' little sister recently shot the Calvin Klein X Mytheresa.com re-issue. All of which featured several black and white photographs shot by photographer, Michael Avedon. 

I'm no modelling scout or agency head, but calling these photos "awkward" is an understatement. I'm trying to be as positive considering she is only 16 years old, but there is no other word to describe the images. Don't get me wrong, there were a few photos I thought were really 'Storm' worthy, but the rest lacked life behind the her eyes. For example; 

The photograph the the left shows little Moss on her knees, duh!? Let's start with the styling: The general attitude doesn't get me down; after all, it's Calvin Klein Jeans. It's a generally a lade-back; not giving a f**k attitude. The pose: hmmmm, well...She looks really hacked-off, like literally. I'm sure she was on a 15 hour shoot, but that shouldn't be an excuse. (I'm very mean, aren't I?) Moss looks rather vulnerable, like a little girl (I know she is only 16, but you get my drift). She looks dead behind her eyes. No offence. 









Not sure how I feel about this image too. As soon as I seen this image, I instantly thought Jane Sibbett, Carol from 'Friends'. This is actually not a shot, it is just the position of her hands look a bit off-putting. If having at least one hand in one of the pockets, it would be an incredible shot or even if one hand was playing with her hair. It would look totally ICONIC, but like Kate's nips. 



This photo to the left is, what I believe the best photo from the entire issue. It's so classic. It's so lade-back. It's so Calvin Klein, right? I think that this image totally sums up CK Jeans. I just love it!!!


Anyways, to sum up. Lottie is an incredible model from her previous images (you can find them all on Storm's website) I just think that she is too young for a Calvin Klein. Too innocent. Maybe in a few years once she is a bit older she could rock those iconic jeans, but not now. 

I give these images an overall: 5/10


Eamonn Collins

_______________________________________________________

Oh, might I add. On Saturday 23rd of August, Christopher Reid will be showcasing his own original designs in Derry, N.Ireland. If you are in the surrounding area, be sure to grab a ticket at the Boudoir Boutique before they all sell out! I'll be at the event myself. I will also be reviewing the collection, so keep sweet!


1 comment:

  1. Great photo and blog!

    My last post on
    www.ilblogdelmarchese.com

    ReplyDelete

Once again, I thank you for reading my blog. Please feel free to share a thought on the post as I love other people's views on the selected topic. Also, I would appreciate if you took the extra 20 seconds to officially follow the blog; as a thank you, I will follow yours.

Make sure to check out my social media feeds:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/eamonncollinsdesigns
Instagram: https://instagram.com/eamonncollins/