Tuesday 8 July 2014

#004: Why don't I show you my designs...

It's my life ambition to become a world renowned fashion designer. I'm only 18 years old so I guess that's a long time away. I want to look out the window and see a botox bitch wearing one of my handbags on her arm; dotting boyfriend taking their girlfriends into my store and buying out my entire inventory. I just want people to see and wear my creations no matter who they may be. It would also be an added bonus seeing Iggy wearing the bottom look on tour, no? Oh well! The three looks below are my most up-to-date looks that I'm very proud and excited about. I'll tell you a little bit about them. 


As you can clearly see, the look above I created for America's Independence Day that happened at the weekend. I knew I wanted to create dress that was influenced by the national flag, but nothing too obvious. The neck line is very interesting, because it resembles how the rope from the flag connects with the pole, in this case the neck. I didn't want to add red into the dress, but lets be honest, nothing tackeir wearing a flag, right? It's like St. Patrick's day here in Ireland, EVERYONE wears green, white and orange.



In other flag news, I created the dress above in honour of the World Cup taking place right now in Brazil. again, I interest in the Brazilian flag. Just like my 4th of July look, I didn't want to copy it line for line, so I completely changed the colouring to a pale/blushing pink. At the waist if you look closely, you can see half of the Brazilian flag "blowing in the wind". It is totally impractical, because I covered the edges in multiple crystals, etc. 


And finally to conclude my illustration showcase. I want to use the term, INSPIRATION, but let's be honest, I basically copied Iggy Azalea. One night I was lying in bed with my earphones in listening to her latest single, 'Fancy', and I don't know why, but I imagined a keyboard and then that's where the "inspiration " from for the T-shirt. 

I don't know, but I may continue to post some of my proud pieces right here on my blog. But if you wish to see some of my older work, you can check out my Facebook page, Eamonn Collins'.

Eamonn Collins

3 comments:

  1. Your designs are looking gorgeous ! Good luck with your dream !

    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the top look, so pretty!
    Xo
    Emma
    emma-loren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Once again, I thank you for reading my blog. Please feel free to share a thought on the post as I love other people's views on the selected topic. Also, I would appreciate if you took the extra 20 seconds to officially follow the blog; as a thank you, I will follow yours.

Make sure to check out my social media feeds:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/eamonncollinsdesigns
Instagram: https://instagram.com/eamonncollins/