Sunday 6 July 2014

#002: Miu Miu Pre-Spring/Summer Collection: Review...

Last night, Miuccia Prada released her latest Miu Miu collection, and boy it a star studded front row from Marc Jacobs to Alexa Chung. Over the past few years, Miu Miu has stood on its own two feet without the “branding” of Prada’s sister brand, which is a huge accomplishment in comparison to other huge brands. Firstly, I LOVE this collection – well, “love” is a huge understatement. Throughout the collection, two pretty huge brands stood out to me relating to cut and print, yes? Cavalli & Pucci.

The collection began with deep blue 60’s military-type dresses with pleats sitting comfortably in the front of each. The military theme continued (look 4) with masculine pant-suits flooded with snotter (sorry for the horrible description of colour. It’s accurate, I guess, right?) And the same blue from before continuing. The print is classic Miu Miu/Prada; you’re not too sure what it is, but you love it, why? Who knows!?
It was only a matter of time before the classic “Grandma-Chic” was introduced, this time in these horrible sleeveless knitted tank-tops/sweaters, I don’t know. One of my favourite pieces from the collection were these incredibly chic multi-patterned-coloured shift dresses (reminds me of Pucci, hmm). As the collection continued, a huge fleer of the 70’s has been introduced through sheer baggy high-neck blouses in an array of colours from blue to red, all of which placed underneath heavily embroidered, what looks to be suede mini dresses. The military jackets made reappearance, paired with both mini skirts and wide-leg pants. To break up the collection, Miuccia inserted pretty (Chloé, I'm sorry for the references. Who dares accuse Mrs Miuccia Prada of copying) flowy navy and white dresses, because really, who could wear all that one print?

ANOTHER key section of the collection that was my favourite began at look 23, near the end. These incredible desiderated mint green pea coats embellished at the top of the each pocket. But, what for it...THE FINALE LOOK: LIKE OH MY GOD! The sky blue and white silhouetted flower print is seeping the 70s decade, even the model looks like Jean Shrimpton.

The accessories didn't have a huge impact of my overall experience watching this extraordinary collection, but I guess without the gladiator sandals it wouldn't look the same. Great job to the stylist on set. Like I said, gladiator sandals made an appearance as well as three other styles of shoes, from neon green kitten heels to suede calf-length boots as well as metallic strapped heels. Despite being overly happy about the overall collection, I was a little disappointed in the style of bags. I wish a few more clutches were added rather than the same patterned bag-sacks. Also, very surprisingly though there were no sunglasses, like what? It’s a resort collection, therefore sunglasses are a much, right? I suppose you can wear last season’s pair.


Overall, I give this collection 8/10
Eamonn Collins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Once again, I thank you for reading my blog. Please feel free to share a thought on the post as I love other people's views on the selected topic. Also, I would appreciate if you took the extra 20 seconds to officially follow the blog; as a thank you, I will follow yours.

Make sure to check out my social media feeds:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/eamonncollinsdesigns
Instagram: https://instagram.com/eamonncollins/